This morning I have assembled a few of my favorite things to share with you. It wasn’t very hard to narrow this grouping as they were all within reach. I keep my favorite things close.
And just to be completely clear, all of these things are items that I or a family member has actually purchased. None of these have been “freebies”.
Here is what I included in the photo above.
Lots of stripes:
- Navy and white striped St. James shirt from J. Crew
- Red and white striped shirt by Amor Lux from Ann Mashburn’s Atlanta shop
- Red and white washi tape (probably from Michaels)
- Red and white twine (and lots of it). I like the thicker version though I do have spools of thinner twine and multiple colors.
- Occasions and Manners by Kate Spade (Simon & Schuster, 2004). Not shown but also equally loved is Style also in this series. I particularly love the watercolor illustrations by Virginia Johnson.
- Entertaining is Fun! How to be a Popular Hostess by Dorothy Draper (Rizzoli, 2004). Originally published in 1941.
- Orchids on Your Budget or Live Smartly on What You Have by Marjorie Hillis (Virago, 2009). Originally published in 1937.
A few other things:
- White and navy swiss dot cotton pjs from J. Crew (a gift from my very sweet husband who knows how much I l o v e pajamas).
- “Oops” letterpress card by Ink Meets Paper, my favorite local letterpress studio (soon to be featured in my “Bee Smitten” series). I am a huge fan of snail mail
- Reading glasses by Peepers. Now that I have reached a certain age, reading glasses are essential. I leave them all over the house but try to keep them somewhat ‘girly’ so my husband won’t borrow them. I have several favorite brands but the price is right for these stylish lovelies.
- 154 Cologne by Jo Malone. This is my “go to” scent but when I want to change things up a bit, I layer it with one of their other fragrances. My favorites are grapefruit and pomegranate-noir.
- Bright pink leather handbag with lime green interior by Sigrid Olsen. I especially love the scallops and bow. I picked this up for a steal a number of years ago at Marshalls.
- Cream satin handmade rose brooch. This adds just a little something to anything. I purchased this several years ago from my favorite local store, Out of Hand in Mount Pleasant SC.
A few of my favorite things are missing:
peonies, gingham, red nail polish, coconut cake, seersucker, grapefruit, velvet ribbon, English breakfast tea, rick rack, colorful espadrilles, . . . .
I will continue to add posts to this series so keep coming back to see more of my other favorite things.
What are a few of your favorite things?